FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where is the Presidio Picnic located? The event is located in the heart of the Presidio on the Main Parade Grounds outside of the newly constructed Visitor’s Center and renown Walt Disney Family Museum. It’s a perfect place to linger with family and friends, or step off to explore a variety of other park offerings including the museum at the Presidio Officers’ Club, art exhibitions, scenic overlooks and hiking and biking trails, and beaches.
When is the Presidio Picnic open? Every Sunday 11am-4pm from March 19 through October 2017.
Do I need tickets to this event? Absolutely not! All Off the Grid events, including Presidio Picnic are free entry.
Is the Presidio Picnic kid-friendly? Yes, Picnic offers kid-friendly menus from many of the food vendors for the pickiest of eaters. There also are free nature-based craft activities for kids in the Presidio Adventure Zone tent and free bicycle lessons for kids provided the first Sunday of each month by the Presidio Community YMCA. Picnic is also a well-established space where kids can run and lay games across a seven acre lawn. Bring a frisbee!
- Arrive early! Lines at the food trucks can make for long waits.
- Pre-Order. New in 2017, large parties will be able to place orders up to 48 hours prior from select vendors. Planning or a birthday party or brunch festivities just got much easier. Go to the Pre-Order Pickup Homepage to learn more.
- Pack Smart. Weather varies from full sun to wind and fog. Bring layers, sunscreen, a sunhat, picnic blanket, and your water bottle to refill at our onsite water stations. Or purchase the items you need at the new Presidio Visitor Center, located next door to the picnic lawn.
- Take Public Transit. Presidio Picnic can be easily accessed through the MUNI 43 line or the free PresidiGo Downtown Shuttle .
- Ride your Bike! Free Bicycle Valet parking is available through New Wheel. Additionally, The Presidio YMCA offers a free YBike “Learn to Ride” program for children of all ages (bikes provided) on April 2, May 7, June 4, July 2, August 8 and August 3.
- Pack In, Pack Out. Just like other national parks, you can help our environment by using compostable containers, bringing a reusable water bottle, and taking your trash with you.
- Make a Day of It! Walk off your meal on the Presidio’s spectacular 24 mile long trail network . Along the way, marvel at Andy Goldsworthy’s art installations such as Tree Fall , stop by the Walt Disney Family Museum, or pop into the Presidio Officers’ Club to check out the Presidio museum and free “Creative Family Fun” kid crafts (11 am to 4 pm).
What can I purchase at the Presidio Picnic? Attendees can just show up for a Sunday Picnic on the lawn with food from more than 30 iconic Bay Area restaurants and food trucks including Nopalito, Beach Coffee, Lady Falcon, Del Popolo, Cochon Volant, Fine and Rare and the Grilled Cheese Guy. Alcoholic beverages will also be provided and non-alcoholic from Moose Juice. For a full list of vendors, please visit www.presidiopicnic.com.
Do vendors accept debit/credit cards? Yes
Are there vegetarian, vegan or GF options available? Many of our vendors offer dishes to accommodate various diets. We recommend asking the vendors for their vegetarian, vegan and GP options.
How do I get to Presidio Picnic? Presidio Picnic is located on the Presidio’s Main Parade Ground, bordered by Montgomery Street, at Lincoln Boulevard San Francisco, 94129. It can be easily accessed by the MUNI 43 line or the free PresidiGo Downtown Shuttle , which runs between the Main Post, Union Street/Van Ness Avenue, Embarcadero BART, and the Transbay Terminal from 9 am to 7:30 pm on weekends. Free Bike Valet is offered every Sunday, sponsored by New Wheel.
- No glass bottles
- No stakes or 10’x10’ pop up tents
- All dogs must be on a leash and their waste must be disposed of properly
- Use designated crosswalks and sidewalks
- Sort your trash – recycling, composting or pack it out.
- If a trash can’ full, please don’t leave your waste beside the can; take it home to help us protect the park and all its wildlife.
- No organized sports
- No drones
- No balloons
- Not all building restrooms are public. Please use those designated with signage.
Where can I get more Presidio info when I arrive? Stop by the Presidio Adventure Zone tent or the nearby Presidio Visitor Center at 210 Lincoln Blvd. for additional information on what is happening in the Presidio, as well as free maps and guides.
Where can I find info about the DJ at Presidio Picnic? Every Sunday, we will have a live DJ from 11am-4pm. Weekly music schedules are available at the picnic homepage.
Do you offer gift certificates? We offer gift tokens at $5 and $10 increments. You can purchase them here.
Can I order ahead? Yes! Learn more about Picnic Pre-Order Pickup here
Are dogs allowed at the Presidio Picnic? Yes! All friendly dogs on leash are welcome.
Still have a question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!